04|01|2009 01:48 pm EDT

Andrew Alleman Leaves Domain Name Wire for DNN.com

by Chad Kettner in Categories: April 1

Please note that the following is a parody intended for April Fools day 2009.

A big welcome to Andrew Alleman, who has left his editorial role at DomainNameWire.com to join the growing team at DomainNameNews.com. Andrew comes to us with over 10 years of experience in the domain industry and much success as a writer and publisher at DNW. He has been quoted in the New York Times, Sydney Morning Herald, The Daily Sausage and a number of other publications and is expected to continue his professional growth as a member of our team, albeit in a much smaller role than what he has grown accustomed to.

“Andrew is obviously a very accomplished writer, contributor, and analyst with a keen interest in the domain industry,” said Adam Strong of DNN.com. “We’re excited to have him on our team.”

Andrew Allemann explained his decision on DomainNameWire.com earlier today:

“By joining Domain Name News, I’m partnering with a great team that can help take the load off my back so I can sit back, relax, hang out in Vegas all week and enjoy a bit more freedom while still staying in touch.  I’d like to thank Adam and Frank for giving me the chance to work with them in the upcoming months, and hopefully long into the future.”

[see DomainNameWire for more details]

Tags: , , , , ,

ActNow

April 1, 2009 @ 2:17 pm EDT

I almost sent an email to Andrew telling him that he got the worst part of the deal.

April Fool !!!

Borat

April 1, 2009 @ 2:49 pm EDT

Adam must have taken a picture of you at Sapphire’s… in the dude section… getting a lap dance… from a bunch of dudes.

(They also have females… very niiiiiice!!)

Confucius

April 1, 2009 @ 2:50 pm EDT

“’m partnering with a great team that can help take the load off my back ”

Confucius say:

If Adam Strong isn’t behind you, there is no load on your back.

Borat

April 1, 2009 @ 2:54 pm EDT

Confucius is fresh. I liiiiike.

Sammy Ashouri

April 1, 2009 @ 3:41 pm EDT

DAMNIT! I forgot all about April fools and was like “WHOA! WHAT A TEAM UP!” I was a little excited for a moment thinking how both sites combined would be total domination ;) AH! You guys got me :-X!

jp

April 1, 2009 @ 4:22 pm EDT

almost got me.

Patrick McDermott

April 1, 2009 @ 10:46 pm EDT

Wow. That explains the posting on NamePros about Domain Name Wire
being sold today.

JeffGeaney.com

April 1, 2009 @ 11:19 pm EDT

Very very funny guys.

LMAO

[…] to what you might have believed on April Fools’ Day, Domain Name News didn’t buy out Domain Name Wire. Adam will need to raise his $250k offer […]

What Happens in Vegas…

April 2, 2009 @ 10:25 am EDT

Stephen Douglas

April 3, 2009 @ 7:19 am EDT

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Here’s even a scarier April 3 news update:

Adam and Andrew have both hired me to advise them on “social etiquette” and “abridged writing techniques”.

I look forward to teaching both these young handsome upstarts on how to “make it” in the domain industry. First, I show Andrew some fashion tips, and Adam, how to find LAX without suffering from hitching a ride with some crazy dude who depends on his iPhone GPS.