04|01|2009 07:12 am EDT

Awakened From 5 year Coma, Domainer Wants His Money Back

by Adam Strong in Categories: April 1

Please note that the following is a parody intended for April Fools day 2009.

For most waking from a coma is seen as good news, but for Charles Dupont he’s received the rudest of awakenings. Dupont’s car accident on December 4th, 2004 caused severe brain swelling. He lied in a hospital bed comatose from that injury from that day until March 25th when he suddenly awoke.

Dupont tells DNN. “I was an up and comer in the domain space. I hung out with Rick, Kevin, Frank and all those guys. I went to all those parties you hear about. I drove a Bentley, had my Manhattan apartment and my Delray beach house, but now I wake up to find it’s all been virtually wiped out.”

By estimates Dupont spent upwards of $20 million investing in domains at the peak. “We were one of the top auction bidders and we didn’t mess around. If we liked it we bought it.”  Dupont’s brother Stephen has been managing his domains in the meantime and has seen the PPC revenue dropping. “I knew if Charles ever woke up he’d wonder what the f*** I did to lose him this much money. We’ve been trying everything to keep the revenue we had in 2004 but we can only really operate so many mini-sites.”

Dupont is now looking at the domain space with a fresh set of eyes  “The domain space is filled with a lot of pipe dreams. I just woke up from a 5 year nap. My dream is now a nightmare and all I know is I want my money back.”

Tags: , , ,

T

April 1, 2009 @ 7:24 am EDT

I’m sorry that, with a previous 20mm investment in domains names, you can’t figure out a way to continue to make a living. Better start filling out applications at Sears.

Rick Schwartz

April 1, 2009 @ 7:45 am EDT

An incredible story!

Can you post a pic of this guy. I don’t seem to remember that name. Would like to know who this is.

Rick Schwartz

April 1, 2009 @ 7:46 am EDT

Ha ha. Looks like you guys got me!

Borat

April 1, 2009 @ 7:46 am EDT

Cybersquatting fool! He got what he deserved.

Rick Latona

April 1, 2009 @ 8:15 am EDT

Very creative joke. Well done.

Adam

April 1, 2009 @ 8:49 am EDT

Haha gotcha or should I say woke you up ;)

Roy Barrett

April 1, 2009 @ 9:20 am EDT

haha that’s awesome…have to stay on your toes today.

[…] Domain Squatter wakes from 5 year coma, wants his money back – Domain Name News […]

Rick Schwartz

April 1, 2009 @ 10:31 am EDT

Nice to know my Bullshit detector is still calibrated correctly. ;-)

Johnny

April 1, 2009 @ 12:39 pm EDT

Hilarious…..I bought in at first also.

[…] – Gainesville, FL Apr 30 2009 City Limits – Delray Beach, FL May 1 2009 The Social – Orlando, FL Awakened From 5 year Coma, Domainer Wants His Money Back – domainnamenews.com 04/01/2009 For most waking from a coma is seen as good news, but for Charles […]