04|01|2009 11:21 am EDT

Kentucky to Pass Law Forbidding Parked Pages

by Chad Kettner in Categories: April 1

Please note that the following is a parody intended for April Fools day 2009.

Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear is at it again – and this time he’s targeting parked domains.

Beshear, who is infamous for attempting to seize 141 poker and gambling domains because they were accessible within the Commonwealth of Kentucky, which does not allow gambling, is now fighting to pass a law forbidding parked pages because of the unregulated content that so often exists.

“Parked domains often have content that promotes products and services that are considered illegal in the state of Kentucky,” Beshear said in a press conference earlier today. “Because of the fact that their content is not controlled by the actual domain owner, which limits our ability to press charges, we believed they should be made inaccessible within the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

We are currently looking to work with domain parking companies to prevent parked domains from being accessed within the state. If this issue is not resolved in an agreeable manner, we are willing to pursue other options.”

Beshear later said in a press release that he would be confident in the state’s case if it were to go to court.

Tags: , , ,

LittleDevil

April 1, 2009 @ 11:52 am EDT

He’s completely ridiculous. What about PPC Ads that display ads based on content? Where will it end

Brian Carr

April 1, 2009 @ 12:01 pm EDT

Well played, gents. Well played.

David J Castello

April 1, 2009 @ 12:12 pm EDT

[…] Kentucky to Pass Law Forbidding Parked Pages | Domain Name News. […]

Tom

April 1, 2009 @ 1:01 pm EDT

Isn’t it great when egomaniacs get into power trying to control everything around them, all it really says is how many inner problems this guy has and one day the truth will hit him like a freight train.

Harold Whiting

April 1, 2009 @ 2:05 pm EDT

“I called Governor Beshear’s office and they said his bill would only pertain to those domains with the word Kentucky or KY in them.”

I think anything with KY inside is fair game in Kentucky ;)

Drew

April 1, 2009 @ 2:16 pm EDT

I bow to your intimate in-depth knowledge of the subject matter, Harold.

Fooled

April 1, 2009 @ 2:49 pm EDT

Oh boy did I get riled up. I even tweeted about it. Guess I should click your links next time first. You guys got me good.

jp

April 1, 2009 @ 4:22 pm EDT

what a douche bag. He’d be smarter to try and tax the domains. Now he is going to spend a bunch of money to take away money from people that live in the state, because I’m sure the most people with Kentucky Domains live in Kentucky.

fizz

April 1, 2009 @ 4:43 pm EDT

lol David, Harold, Drew

gambling

April 1, 2009 @ 5:51 pm EDT

Kentucky to Pass Law Forbidding Parked Pages…

Bookmarked your post over at Blog Bookmarker.com!…

Frank Michlick

April 1, 2009 @ 5:51 pm EDT

Guys, this is an April’s fools post :) But thanks for playing along :)

Tom

April 1, 2009 @ 10:02 pm EDT

I’m on the other side of the world so technically April fools was over for me ….oh well I’ll give you half a point at least for getting me ;-)