04|01|2007 03:34 am EDT

T.R.A.G.I.C – New Domain Conference Announced

by Adam Strong in Categories: April 1

A new group of domain name pioneers is forging a new path to create an alternative to the testosterone driven, mostly male domain name conferences. Annette Sarcophagus and her company FemDomaination have created a new domain name conference which will debut August 31st in New York City. The conference called T.R.A.G.I.C stands for There Really Are Girls on the Internet Conference.

The show will feature an all woman conference panel and only women are invited to attend the event. “You have to email us for an invitation to come to the show. This is common practice for exclusive domain conferences” said Sarcophagus. Sponsors will presumably send “booth meat”, but all other male attendees will be turned away at the door.

The creation of the show apparently came from Sarcophagus’ reaction from attending other domain name conferences and not being satisfied with the material or the atmosphere. “I felt that the shows weren’t addressing the needs of women domain owners. Not all domainers are interested in transparency and tasting! Frankly, it’s a bit repulsive.”

Sarcophagus also pointed to common after-hours events being held at other domain conferences centered around “indulgent partying and revelry”. The T.R.A.G.I.C. conference will feature no late night social events but rather focus more on small group gatherings in the evening centered on discussions on recent Oprah and Gray’s Anatomy episodes.

Tags:

Desperate Domainer

April 1, 2008 @ 6:54 am EDT

Greeeeaaatttt!! I can’t wait to attend the “how to bake cookies and clean the house and still find time to chase domain drops” seminar.

The 5pm tea party should be rocking as well. I hope I can make it to bed by 8pm!

Charissa

April 1, 2008 @ 12:35 pm EDT

Adam can you make sure I am on the list as I do not want to miss out on an all female domain conference with “booth meat” to assist me further with my success in the Domain Industry.

Donna Mahony

April 1, 2008 @ 1:10 pm EDT

I’ll be speaking in a seminar entitled “I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in the pan” Tips on how to get the man of the house to fry up the bacon you bring in and clean up after himself…not to be missed.

marcia lynn

April 1, 2008 @ 1:19 pm EDT

oh this is wonderful news!

now i won’t have to explain to anybody at
the conference why i’m bitchy, bloated, or
biting on too much chocolate.

all the other attendees will just give me
a “hang in there, sista” nod of understanding.

hey, they’ll probably even have some meds
and helpful products handy, too, so i
won’t have to send my cabana boy for them!

Dan

April 1, 2008 @ 1:42 pm EDT

Adam, Are you considering yourself as potential booth meat?

Sean Stafford

April 1, 2008 @ 1:44 pm EDT

Adam,

DnZoom by Bido is happy to send Dan Kimball as booth meat.

Looking forward to shipping him out for the week!

Regards,

Sean

JulieW8

April 1, 2008 @ 1:47 pm EDT

I’d like to volunteer for the meat selection committee.

And what’s good for the goose is good for the gander – vendors should be held up for the same quality of parties or pony up in higher payments to the TRAGIC attendees!

Antoinette

April 1, 2008 @ 7:14 pm EDT

LOL! I can hard wait for the male models and dancers! You know, men in tight, scanty clothing just MAKES a conference. I can hardly wait for those receptions and parties.

RSS feed for comments on this post