01|17|2008 08:04 pm EDT
In an email sent out to customers today, NameJet announced lower initial bid prices, improvements and new features to their expiring domain name sales site. NameJet had received some early negative reviews for releasing a seemingly rushed version of the site and some unusual bugs and complaints are still being reported from time to time on forums. Many of the yet-to-be-added features such as displaying bidder IDs will be a welcome change to many who bid in the expiring domain after-market and build up trust in the marketplace. A copy of the email is available on page 2.
We appreciate your business and have listened to your comments and suggestions. Based on your feedback, weâ€™ve recently made a number of enhancements to our Web site and bidding processes to make it even faster and easier for you to find, manage and bid on domain names.Weâ€™ve lowered the minimum bid price on all our domains! Minimum bid pricing will now start as low as $29 on some domains. Our Pre-Release, Pending Delete and Public Auction domains will have variable starting prices. Please note, if you already have a bid on a domain at our previous minimum bid amount of $70, NameJet will automatically adjust your bid to the new minimum bid amount.
Plus, bidding increments are now even more flexible. Instead of only having the option of bidding in increment amounts–$10 for auctions less than $1,000 or $100 for auctions greater than $1,000–you can now bid any amount over the $10 or $100 minimum bid needed. If you want to place a bid of $11, $12 or any whole dollar over the minimum bid increment, you now have the option to do so.
Visit our FAQs to learn more about the change in the bidding process: http://www.namejet.com/Pages/FAQ.aspx#bidding
In addition to the bid changes, weâ€™ve recently made the following changes to assist you in getting the domain name you want:
* Advanced Search Improvements: Quickly drill down to the names you want — by extension, backorder date, number of characters, bid amount, and, of course, keywords.
* Faster Bulk Bidding: Bulk bid on up to 250 domain names at once in our quick and easy to use input format.
* Wish List Enhancement: Manage your backorder wish lists with a click to edit and delete your backorders.
* New Alert Emails: Let our names come to you with emails delivered daily that list our Most Active Backorders, names with 6 characters or less, or those with 7 to 9 characters.
And, more changes are on the wayâ€¦ hereâ€™s a sneak peek at whatâ€™s coming soon:
* Bidder Alias: You can assign a Bidder Alias to your account. Other bidders will see this alias during the auction rather than a generic name like â€œBidder 1â€?.
* Bid History: Be able to view the history of bids for a specified domain.
* Auction List View: Set your account to either save or automatically remove previous auctions in which you were not the winning bidder.
* My Account Reports: We are upgrading the reports available to you with additional sorting and filtering.
We hope the changes we have made and our upcoming enhancements will assist you in winning auctions on the domain names you want from NameJet.
Please visit us at www.NameJet.com.
NameJet Customer Support