09|18|2007 11:45 am EDT

50 domains sold for US$360,400 at Domainvermarkter Forum

by NewsDesk Editor in Categories: Domain Sales, Events, News

The giant online merchandiser of domain names, Sedo, has sold out over 50 domain names at its recent Live Auction at the Domainvermarkter (= Domain Sales/Marketing in German) Forum in Hamburg, Germany. The total amount from the bid has been reported to have crossed over $360,400 (USD).

The absorbing three-hour session of bidding was attended by 120 noted businesspersons, out of whom 48 were successfully placed. Amongst all, the most significant of the sales included, weiber.de (“women” in German) for $26,000, hawaii.de for $30000, ärzte.de (“doctors” in German) for an exorbitant $77,000, and also, reisebüro.de and reise-büro.de (“travel agencies” in German) for another soaring $70,000. Sedo also arranged special planning for the clients who could not make it to the auction, by running a live chat with them concurrently with the show.

Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Sedo constitutes the world’s largest database for domain names. One of the leading online marketplaces for purchasing and selling of domain names and websites, the company belongs mainly to AdLINK Group (ISIN DE0005490155 / German WKN: 549015), a part of the German United Internet AG (ISIN DE0005089031/ WKN 508903). Along with the marketing and sales, Sedo also trades regional versions of its site for the UK (Sedo.co.uk), France (Sedo.fr), Germany (Sedo.de), and Spain (Sedo.es).

[via Press Release]

Tags:

Laurent

September 18, 2007 @ 1:59 pm EDT

“Weiber” means “Women” / “Chicks” in German :-) “Skirts” would be “Röcke”

Frank Michlick

September 18, 2007 @ 2:44 pm EDT

True enough – I must have missed that when I was double-checking the post. After all I am German, I just live in Canada :-)

/Frank

Nico

September 19, 2007 @ 11:33 am EDT

Who bid reisebüro.de up to 70k? We met the reserve at 50k but that was our limit we had placed on this name and I think we were only bidding against Alexander at that point. I thought he got it for 51k after we quit bidding at 50k.

Was a fun auction though!
Nico

Frankie Says Impeach

September 19, 2007 @ 8:29 pm EDT

Wait until mainstream domainers wake up to the fact that IDN’s get traffic, and they can generally be bought at a discount compared to ASCII.

Chris Coyier

September 19, 2007 @ 9:01 pm EDT

Yes, but did they get youboob.com?

mark

September 20, 2007 @ 12:28 pm EDT

Wow, perhaps I should buy a domain just to get rid of it.

EB

October 17, 2007 @ 4:59 am EDT

It’s youboob.it ;p

NAYIF

June 9, 2008 @ 1:45 pm EDT

Great Domains you will see them

Hello Everybody,

These my domains at Sedo.com :

If you would like anyone just go to Sedo.com and order it/them.

[Frank: list of domains removed]

Thank you to enter my topic :) ..

aks

August 5, 2008 @ 8:08 am EDT

how much is this site worth

13ad.com
2-minute.com
59am.com

Berlin Hotels

December 24, 2008 @ 9:21 am EDT

Ive got a couple of domains which I might want to sell. Where can I get appraisal?