11|19|2009 08:52 am EDT

BargainDomains.com Launches First Preview, Listings are Free

by Frank Michlick in Categories: Domain Sales

Francois of Domaining.com has informed us that he has now just launched the first preview of BargainDomains.com, his new service for listing domains, is now online. Listings are free of charge, but will have to be at 30% of the appraised value according to his new automated free appraisal service at Valuate.com. The sales and escrow fee is 15% of the sales price. The full terms are listed after the jump.

• You must be the owner of the domain name.
  • We do NOT accept domain names with hyphens, numbers, nor IDN or domains based in trademarks.
  • We no longer accept adult names, gambling names.
  • Domains must be priced for a maximum of 30% of their appraisal value.
  • Listed domains must appraise a minimum of $500 and be listed for sale for a minimum of $100.
  • We will limit to 5 the maximum number of domains anyone can submit during a 30 day period.

Tags:

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by DomainNameNews and livedomainer, DomainNews. DomainNews said: BargainDomains.com Launches First Preview, Listings are Free http://bit.ly/2MiVK5 […]

Rick III

November 19, 2009 @ 10:10 am EDT

I needed a good laugh this morning…if I want to sell domains for 1/3 what they are “worth” I’ll just put them on a forum and save the 15%.

Francois

November 19, 2009 @ 10:43 am EDT

Rick III you perfectly understood the interest of this service, try to create some liquidity in the domainer community.

I am at 100% with you that for maximize profit what a domain owner needs to do is: Hold and wait an end-user.

The only problems I see are:
– Everybody don’t want to hold, or cannot hold.
And by experienc everybody don’t want to hold all his names, because he lost interest on some names, because they are not as good as others, because he wants cash, …
– A lot ignore it but the average an end-user will ask for a domain of your portfolio is often dozen years.
Do yourself this little calculation: How many domains I own, and how many sales I did the past year to end-users. You should be surprised.
In one site we own and that list a lot of nice short brandables I counted this period was 25 years! This simply means that any new name I buy and that I will put for sale at end-user price will need an average of 25 years to sell! You may understand that sometimes it may make sense for me to try to sell some names at a lower profit!
– Everybody is not a good negotiator, even if you hold, when the end-user will knock your door there are big chances you will not be able to close at appraisal price, because end-users don’t come offering the max price and because (read above) there is so low sales that you may not have the courage to refuse an acceptable offer under his value.

Now the second part:

Ok, if I want to sell to domainers and I am willing to sell at 30% of appraisal value (to interest other domainers) I can do posts on forums.
The problem is the visibility has no relationship.
Look how many times in average a domain is seen on these places, dozen, a hundred of times for the best ones.
Here we will feature your domain in front of thousands domainers that read the domaining.com newsletter each day, we will show your name in the domaining.com site and after in this new BargainDomains.com site for 7 days.
Yes, there is no guarantee of sale, but just as a reminder, it’s FREE!
And if a sale occurs I also remind you that the 15% sales commission includes the escrow fee, a security you don’t have for free dealing directly.

Bobsucks

November 19, 2009 @ 11:48 am EDT

How much did they pay buydomains.com for bargaindomains.com?

Adam

November 19, 2009 @ 12:48 pm EDT

Good efforts Francois. I couldn’t figure out how you buy the domains on your site though. I clicked on the domain and it took me to a signup page.

Cartoonz

November 19, 2009 @ 2:54 pm EDT

so you think spamming people multiple times with this email is going to foster goodwill Francois? There is a reason I demanded removal off of your list months ago and would never visit your site anyway… you are a spammer.

Now, you sent me this announcement multiple times today. What? You figured my DO NOT SEND ME EMAIL / REMOVE ME FROM YOUR LIST does not apply here for some reason?

Sure, I could have done this privately… oh wait, I did try that and it didn’t work.

Oh… your “offer”? The only reason the live auction houses/brokers can get away with 15% is that they market to end users. Your scam is a joke.

/rant

Francois

November 19, 2009 @ 3:56 pm EDT

Mr Cartoonz, please send me a note at infoATdomainingDOTcom with all these email addresses you say you have been contacted and for sure I will take care you no longer receive anymore announcement of our new services.
As we don’t spam, I can only think you were registered through multiple emails in many of our services. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Bob, this name was purchased few years ago, I not even remember it was from BuyDomains.com, I don’t think we paid at that time more than $5k for the name.

Cartoonz

November 19, 2009 @ 4:52 pm EDT

Francois,
That’s just it.. .it is ONE email address that you send to multiple times.
I sent you an email about it
…again.

uberVU - social comments

November 19, 2009 @ 5:13 pm EDT

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by domainnamenews: #domains: BargainDomains.com Launches First Preview, Listings are Free http://bit.ly/1OCk0Q

Joe Saladino

November 20, 2009 @ 5:43 am EDT

REEEEEAAAAL Funny!!!! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY ludicrous!!! You have some OFF THE WALL domain valuation appraisal website tell you your $150,000 domain is worth $3,050 (Based on what appears to be HOW many hits it gets which ISN’T ALAYS the best evaluation method) and then we have to sell it 30% cheaper than this??!! WHAT A JOKE to say the least!! (Can’t say what I would like to say because there might be ladies reading this)!!! In any event these seem to be OFF THE WALL characters creating all this NONSENSE!!! I am sure they will have clueless people selling their domains there for sure CLUELESS!!!

domainshouse

November 20, 2009 @ 7:08 am EDT

After all the trumpets are sounding very loud about Mr. Carrillo and however he aren´t using here the same words he used after i questioned him on the “bargain domains” advertised on his NL. His words to me “the others (he meant those that listed under $500) were all fucked” using a spanish phrase that means exactly the same. When i post on nxpert.com (see the link below) one of his friends or coleagues told me to unsubscribe if i didn´t like his service and newsletter.
Yes, Maybe he is right and i was a little naif when i placed in several oages of my web site his small banner and some links to valuate.com. Frankly i still believe his web site is very important to learn more and more bout domain market and respect him

Continuing, i listed three domains all valuated by his valuation tool and all showed over 300 and a little more. I by myself decreased their cost to $150. The following day Mr. Carrillo waken up and changed the rules decreasing from 50% to 30% of the appraisal and limiting the appraisal value for a minimum of $500. With such rules suddednly changed he rejected my three two-words dictionary greerefine.com, earlysurgery.com and greerefined.com (as i said valuated over 300 except the last one) and in response to a simple question he told me that were all being fucked (this in spanish language, maybe believing i don´t know spanish probably better than him).

Truly i am not against his idea of creating a “bargain domains” section and also think that he does what he wants. However think that he don´t needs to be rude particularly with those that listed their domains based on their first rules or by the fact they don´t own domains of $500 or over.

If anyone needs to read what it happens and his reaction, please type this address:

Like you said, lo siento Mr. Carrillo.

Carlos Martins
domainshouse

domainshouse

November 20, 2009 @ 7:19 am EDT

sorry but the system here returned me some error on the first time i post, then have to repeat the text probably (not sure) with differences on it. Sorry.
Also sorry for any error in my english (no so good as my spanish, french and portuguese).

Eric Borgos

November 20, 2009 @ 9:10 am EDT

I am a little confused about this part:
“Domains must be priced for a maximum of 30% of their appraisal value.”
When I look at BargainDomains.com, most of the domains are priced at significantly more than 30% of the appraised value.

Francois

November 20, 2009 @ 9:55 am EDT

Joe:
The idea is propose a marketplace EXCLUSIVELY listing BARGAIN DOMAINS, if you don’t want to sell any of your domains at bargain price then simply don’t list them in BargainDomains.com In this case let me suggest to look at top of our pages, you will find a menu with a “Marketplace” category, we list there all the domain marketplaces we highly recommend, you will probably find one more appropriated to promote your names.
Last thing, don’t mix valuation and domain listing.
The valuation is not done by us but by the Estibot people through their new valuation engine 2.0 (still in BETA). Now, we totally endorse their great service and estimate they provide today the best automated domain appraisals available.

Carlos:
Each service has his own rules and ours are still not definitively fixed as we are launching this service and may change them to try to improve it.
It has already been largely discussed in this other post you link but apparently you don’t want to understand.
As we don’t obligate anyone to use our services for your convenience we closed your account, you are welcome to sign up again, but in this case accept the service rules.

Eric:
Andrew of DomainNameWire.com outlined me this possible confusion, and you taken me just trying to better re-word it in the site. We accept to list names with a price that is at best 30% of the appraisal value. This means if the name appraises $1,000 then you cannot list it for sale more than $300.
I think the main confusion comes to the fact in the listings we are showing the percentage of savings = 100 – price/appraisal% while in the submission page we are directly talking about the price/appraisal%.

domainshouse

November 20, 2009 @ 11:29 am EDT

Mr Carrillo

Apart your “carajo” expression and my pubic and public publication of that, i don´t understand why you closed my account. You simply intended that i deserved to be forbiden to read your post-literacy NL and then i can´t react in any way, disagreeing with any of your “wake-up” new rules. Your friend John was not so far than you, he only suggested me to unsubscribe your NL if i don´t agree with your service and NL text. Well, it seems you are dealing better with this controversy making some sort of acrobatic censorship against me simply, i think, because i expressed an opinion against your “wake-up” changes. I do not offended you as you did with me Mr Carrillo. But oppositely i am not excluding you and the latest news on my web site even link to this discussion here. Maybe you are a “retarded” person (in the democratic sense of being “retarded” as Mr. UE is), and maybe this is because i am a portuguese, not an american or a british that are mostly of your consumers. Maybe you are a racist too. Or maybe you are simply a rucu.com, a techVo.com or (guess what) a verysolid.com lover that loves to censor and struggling (why not?) the alternative energies (you rejected my greenrefine.com and greenrefine.com 50% more than your minimum of 100). I am not a “green” person, just a libertarian that loves to do art and play a “game” on the domain market for paying my painting tools.
As you are the owner of your domain, i also paid for mine. And despite you excluded me (mainly you feared i listed you some of my over appraised $thousands domains for you to reduce it to a dozen of bucks and get some yuppie yuppie ai ai ai and easy gains (as all yuppies likes), i on the contrary give you the best place in my web site, the front page and merely the “neon carajo latest news”.

Is that way you think to attract buyers?

Carlos Martins
DomainsHouse
P.S. My listed domains reached $150 over the 100 your rules referred. You reject them by another reason you won´t express here but your act of censorship sluging reveals.

domainshouse

November 20, 2009 @ 11:32 am EDT

Mr Carrillo wrote to me a simple line closing my account. Yuppie yuppie ai ai ai. El carajo (trash in english) montó el caballo de los inquisidores espanoles.

Carlos
doaminshouse

[…] Read the original: BargainDomains.com Launches First Preview, Listings are Free … […]

[…] View post:  BargainDomains.com Launches First Preview, Listings are Free … […]