03|26|2009 12:01 am EDT

Mixed Domain News: Mar 23-29, 2009 featuring Frank Schilling, Bido.com, Bulk Development, Auction Results

by Frank Michlick in Categories: Headlines

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Chris Nielsen

March 26, 2009 @ 1:11 pm EDT

Don’t bother with checking the link for:
Tia Wood launches BulkDevelopment.com, a FREE tool for Domainers [Acro.net]

If you read carefully, you will find that the site he is talking about is just running a scam, or an advertising ploy if you want to be nice about it. Clever idea? Yes, if you don’t count pissing people off by screwing around with them and wasting their time. I classify it as a “bait and switch” page. You think you are getting something for free only to find out that someone thinks you are STUPID for doing it, and they advertises their services. Yeah, I’ll be remembering them for a looong time, but not in a way I think they counted on.

Frank Michlick

March 26, 2009 @ 1:42 pm EDT

While you’re right Chris that Tia’s post is marketing post, it also poses an interesting question: Is Bulk Domain Development viable, or is custom content needed on a per domain basis.

I guess this boils down to the question if Google considers templated sites evil – after all they are fine with many many wordpress sites and other similar systems.

K

March 26, 2009 @ 10:49 pm EDT

Chris,

Is it because you’re from domainincubation.com? A service that offers bulk development?

Acro

March 26, 2009 @ 11:49 pm EDT

Chris, you have some interesting approach to what constitutes a “scam”, I’d be very careful using that word my friend. There is a thing called libel in case you’re wondering. I’ve already had that discussion with you at my blog. In case you feel so inclined, tell us whether you paid any money to Tia Wood for services – be ready to provide proof of payment. Meanwhile, your alleged “waste of time” consisted of the time it took you to click on two pages and read an analysis that offered assistance to those that needed it. If you didn’t need it, again it was offered for free. Now, if you *do* own domainincubation.com as “K” above suggests, I think that you are in for *a lot* of help from Tia or whoever else has the SKILLS (emphasis added) and in your case the PATIENCE to educate you on the subject.

[…] felt cheated, needs some help. This guy here (see 1st comment) even got angry! What’s wrong with people? __________________ DNGator – Domain […]

Tia Wood

March 27, 2009 @ 2:38 am EDT

I challenge Chris Nielsen, “Concerned Domainer”, “Borat” and whoever else needs clarification on the matter in the Bido chatroom during my discussion on mass development versus full scale development. More details to follow on time and date.

And of course those who understand the differences are invited to come and help discuss the matter as well.