11|14|2012 03:23 pm EDT
A Christmas gift from ICANN to new gTLD applicants? Information from today’s ICANN teleconference for new gTLD applicants.
- The new gTLD draw will take place on December 17th, 2012 (afternoon)
- Tickets for the draw have to be purchased before that date. Tickets will be for sale from December 12th to the morning of December 17th at the Hilton LAX in Los Angeles.
- The draw will take place at the Hilton LAX in Los Angeles as well and will be open to the public.
- Draw details to be published on November 16th, 2012.
- ICANN has obtained a license to hold a lottery in California.
- Applicants can purchase the tickets or name a proxy to purchase them for them. Applicants do not have to be present for the draw.
- Evaluation results to be expected in August 2013 (originally June 2013)
- Background screening results will be published at the same time as Initial Evaluation results.
- 6 Application withdrawals (AND, ARE, EST, CHATR, CIALIS, KSB) have been withdrawn, 7 additional withdrawals are in progress
- 0 objections have been files so far
- 169 change requests have been submitted, 29 of them were approved, 130 are in review and 10 require follow-ups
- TLD Application System (TAS) will reopen on November 26th, 2012. Applicants will have to reset their passwords.
- The first Clarifying Questions from the Geo Panel for applicants for Geographic TLDs will be issued on November 26h, 2012 via the CSC portal. Applicants will be able to respond until the end of initial evaluation.
- Other clarifying questions will be issued through TAS in January. Applicants will have four weeks to answer.
- First initial evaluation results will be released in priority order starting March 23, 2013
- Apparently it has not yet been decided that IDNs will go first.
The presentation slides have been published on the ICANN site.