07|16|2007 08:46 am EDT

AP on Larry Fischer and Ari Golderberg

by Frank Michlick in Categories: Miscellaneous, Up to the Minute

The Associated Press features a story on domain investors Ari Golderberger and Larry Fischer, who are also the founders of parking company SmartName, which has been purchased by NameMedia.

Tags:

Ed Gresham

July 17, 2007 @ 9:38 am EDT

I have an inactive url/domain name I would like to sell. It deals in the health area and I believe has value. How do I go about selling it?

July 17, 2007 @ 12:59 pm EDT

Ed I’ll drop you an email

[…] AP on Larry Fischer and Ari Golderberg […]

zjoker

July 22, 2007 @ 3:32 pm EDT

I own a pretty good name I have decided I will be selling in the next few months. disneyco.com. I wouldnt mind getting this information to them. Any contact info for these guys..?
I have a general idea of value, but would take any opinions on that.

Frank Michlick

July 22, 2007 @ 4:53 pm EDT

I doubt they would be interested in a potentially trademark infringing name.

zjoker

July 22, 2007 @ 5:26 pm EDT

with the amount of interest I have had in the name, I would guess they will at the very least entertain the idea of getting in on the bidding.
I’m not totally sure I want to sell it yet, but am thinking about it.
I have never advertised the name for sale (that I can remember) in the 3 or 4 years I have owned it, but have had multiple offers.
I have never ran the name with pay-per-click advertising, so I am weighing that option.
In 10 years time, it may pay for me to just keep it…I’m in no hurry.

zjoker

July 22, 2007 @ 5:30 pm EDT

I also own “chaseelliott.com” (among a few hundred other names) …which is nascar champion bill elliott’s son – who is doing well coming through the racing ranks at the age of 12 or 13.
Bill’s people have contacted me wanting to get the name, but I am also weighing my options on that one. Its hard to figure a value on that one. He may become another Dale Earnhardt Jr….and he may not.

Andy

July 23, 2007 @ 12:31 pm EDT

I have a domain I may be interested in selling that could be ideal for a multimedia company. Who should I contact to see if there is any interest.

July 23, 2007 @ 3:36 pm EDT

Andy if you wish to keep it private feel free to drop me an email at adam @ domainnamenews.com and I’ll give you my 2 cents and refer you to someone who might help

zjoker. disney is a trademark term for a variety of uses. You are running a risk of being sued for sure and it would be easy to prove a “bad faith” registration with your posts here alone. I’d be more cautious about broadcasting names that might be infringing.

zjoker

July 24, 2007 @ 6:14 pm EDT

very well. please delete my posts.

Brennan

July 25, 2007 @ 10:03 am EDT

I have 3 domain names that I would like to sell. All 3 are FIFA Soccer World Cup related – to the games been held in South Africa during 2010. http://www.wc2010sa.com / http://www.stay2010sa.com and travel2010sa.com. Can you please point me in the right direction or facilitate the sale.