09|07|2007 10:55 am EDT

Business 2.0 closes it’s door

by Frank Michlick in Categories: News

Despite several rescue efforts for the Business 2.0 magazine the employees of the magazine have been told that the monthly publication will be closed next week, after the October issue is completed. We had reported about the possibility of a shutdown earlier. Despite the magazine’s 623,000 strong subscriber list, takeover offers and a FaceBook group Time Inc. has decided to shut the publication down.

For the domain industry this is especially sad news, as the magazine has covered our industry on several occasions. However I am sure that the editors, especially Paul Sloan, will continue their work elsewhere.

[via the New York Times technology blog]

Tags:

Dan

September 7, 2007 @ 7:57 pm EDT

Hi,

It is sad.

Too bad… with that may subscribers…I would think it could last.

We all know they are NOT behind the curve…maybe its a case were they are to far out in front of the curve.

I wish everyone there big and better things to come.

Peace!
Dan

DomainerPro

September 8, 2007 @ 1:27 am EDT

It’s a real blow. This was the magazine that got me started as a domainer. Beyond that, I’ve enjoyed each issue tremendously, with their colorful layouts and great coverage of emerging business and developing technologies. It will be missed.

Tim Davids

September 8, 2007 @ 8:25 am EDT

Maybe one of the Domainer’s magazines can play upon this situation and get some of those 600,000 peeps.

Michele Neylon

September 8, 2007 @ 10:30 am EDT

It’s a pity that it’s gone. There aren’t that many magazines covering the internet sector worth reading ….

Claude Gelinas

September 10, 2007 @ 8:56 pm EDT

This publication is top notch and the fact it’s going away is, despite of all the explanations, still a mystery to me.

Fortunately, we can all expect to read their outstanding group of journalists in their blogs… at least, that’s my wishful thinking ; )

dustyaj

September 15, 2007 @ 11:23 pm EDT

Hey what about my refund…
I just ordered that magazine for 2years…geesh

I hope they do the right thing… i lose enough at the poker tables lol

(I swear if i get pocket aces im folding…lol)

are they refunding money? too bad that was a great magazine!!!

dusty

[…] With the recent news of Business 2.0 closing shop, Editor Paul Sloan, last spotted at Domain Roundtable in Seattle, has penned his last print article for the publication. The article focuses on Seattle-based Marchex as “The web’s local mogul” and their entry in to the domain space with a little help from none other than Frank Schilling. . . I’d imagine the article will be online soon since the print version is DOA. Until then it’s at the newstand. […]