03|03|2011 08:00 am EDT

Domain Industry Veterans Partner to Launch Domain Guardians

by Frank Michlick in Categories: News

Domain Guardians provide protection and management of domains in the event of death or disability

Domain name industry experts Mike Robertson, Jen Sale, Bill Vanderent, Adam Strong and Paul Keating have partnered to establish Domain Guardians, an ICANN accredited registrar providing domain estate planning and management services to domain professionals. The team will be launching the company and services at the upcoming ICANN Silicon Valley meeting in San Francisco, CA, USA from March 13-18, 2011.

The combination of Dark Blue Sea alumni, Robertson, Sale and Vanderent, along with Strong and Keating, offers over 50 years of combined experience in the domain industry. “Working with a group of this caliber is humbling, and we’re all very excited to offer the domain community a comprehensive suite of services that provide real value,” stated Robertson of this opportunity.

Domain Guardians has developed Domain Legacy to technically and legally protect and manage domain assets in the event of a portfolio owner’s death or disability.

Paul Keating, prominent domain lawyer, recognizes the complicated nature of managing a portfolio, “No one lives forever, and most domain investors are not planning enough for the future. Managing domains across multiple registrars and monetization providers is a daunting task. It requires a great deal of skill developed on the back of years that may include lost opportunities, missteps and other failures. What will happen to the asset base and income streams when the manager is no longer “there” because of a death or disability? How will our survivors cope in an industry where contacts and experiences are shared by word of mouth?

Veteran domain professional, Adam Strong, addresses the importance of Domain Legacy for your loved one’s protection and peace of mind, “Like other domain investors, I’ve thought, ‘Who’ll take care of my domains when I’m gone?’… I’ll be transferring my assets to my loved ones, who unfortunately don’t have the skills or desire to continue managing my business. It gives me peace of mind to know that they can trust the expertise of Domain Guardians to do this for them. Every domain investor with a valuable portfolio should protect the future of that portfolio.

For more information, and to arrange a meeting with the team at ICANN, please email hello@domainguardians.com.

Disclaimer: Adam Strong is also Managing Editor & Owner of DNN.

[via Press Release]

Tags: , , , , , ,

Kevin Ohashi

March 3, 2011 @ 9:35 am EDT

Best of luck guys!

Carlos

March 3, 2011 @ 10:45 am EDT

Good to see Mike back in business. Sounds like a great idea! good luck with your new project.

Russ

March 3, 2011 @ 10:50 am EDT

Great idea guys, looking forward to checking it out!

HakanOzcan

March 3, 2011 @ 2:55 pm EDT

wow, congrats guys.
great idea and a wonderful team to make sure it is executed properly.

Mike Robertson

March 4, 2011 @ 12:57 am EDT

Thanks for all the kind words and support guys. And thanks for covering the news Frank!

If anyone has any specific questions, wants more info or is going to be in SF during March 13-18, feel free to drop me an email (mike AT domainguardians DOT com).

Cheers,

Mike

James Tuplin

March 4, 2011 @ 6:41 pm EDT

Wishing you all the very best.
Mike, look forward to seeing you at the next domain conference. Its been a while!

James

Stephen Douglas

March 7, 2011 @ 9:07 am EDT

It’s common knowledge among large (and any size) domain holders that Mike Robertson (Mikey) is the most trusted domain “handler” in our business. (This is a no argument statement). Add Jen Sale to that mix, with Atom-B’s experience and spotless reputation, not to mention Paul “Paulie” Keating and B-Van’s professional domain knowledge, and you can instantly determine DomainGuardians is absolutely a MUST for all domainers to embrace. I’ve wished for a service like this hundreds of times (not that I like thinking I might croak), but I didn’t have a pure answer for “who will handle my domains if I’m in the Netherworld. I want to put my 3k portfolio into hands that I can TRUST to manage for the benefit of my wife, kids and the rest of my family.

I can state right now that if I go meet Jimi in the “next world” (and I hope I won’t be late), I would trust having Mikey and Jen handling my domain portfolio for the best benefits to my family. Atom will also protect my family, cuz he’s the “bomb”. ;-) (who will give him rides to the airport?)

Seriously, this is an extremely important consideration for ALL domain investors. I recommend, without any paid endorsement, DomainGuardians.com. I’m putting my professional reputation, and my family’s welfare, on the line to support Mike’s company. I don’t even have to think twice.

If Mike and Adam are involved, you can only win.