11|25|2009 10:34 am EDT

DomainAdvertising.com Appoints Dan Warner as CEO

by Frank Michlick in Categories: News

Dan WarnterThis morning DomainAdvertising.com, the company that has launched their new services at the Targeted TRAFFIC show in New York, announced that they have appointed Dan Warner as their CEO. Dan Warner was last COO of Dark Blue Sea (ASX:DBS), parent company of Fabulous.com and left that position in April.

“Dan Warner was the Board’s first choice for this position. He is the perfect leader for DomainAdvertising.com”, said Anoop Polavaram from the Ashmore Group, “His extensive experience and recognized leadership within the domain industry will be invaluable to the business. He is undoubtedly one of the most influential people in the industry.”

“I was looking for a challenge where I could manage growth and innovation in the Internet industry.  This was difficult to find in a market which has recently focused on reducing head counts, research and infrastructure.  Both Directi and Ashmore have a great reputation and substantial resources. When I was approached by them, I realized the potential of this business. I am thrilled about the opportunity,”  said Dan Warner. “We will be doing the exact opposite of most domain companies. Significant capital, human resources and infrastructure will be used to accelerate internet advertising innovation and design. We expect that many of the other players in the industry will look like they are standing still or going backwards in comparison to our scheduled advancements.”

The press release goes on to say:

Warner has already assumed his role as CEO and is planning to fully launch the DomainAdvertising.com business by Jan 2010. Warner leads an initial dedicated team of over 30 people with access to over 500 people as required within the Directi group. Under Warner’s leadership, DomainAdvertising.com will focus on advancements in research, innovation and optimization to benefit professional domain owners.

Tags: , , , ,

WQ

November 25, 2009 @ 11:19 am EDT

So what exactly do they do? Just another parking company using Google/Yahoo? Did they launch yet? Hard to figure out from reading their site.

Scott Ross

November 25, 2009 @ 12:18 pm EDT

Mightily talented. Globally respected. Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound … http://tinyurl.com/warnerman

It’s a good day for DomainAdvertising.com and a great day for the global Metropolis.

Francois

November 25, 2009 @ 3:13 pm EDT

It’s the only parking service recommended by Domaining.com

Anon

November 25, 2009 @ 3:24 pm EDT

“It’s the only parking service recommended by Domaining.com”

Like wow! With as hard as all the other parking services are fighting for such a highly-sought-after “recommendation,” that alone means they must be really, really, really special!

Or not.

uberVU - social comments

November 25, 2009 @ 4:37 pm EDT

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by vonhost: Domain News DomainAdvertising.com Appoints Dan Warner as CEO http://bit.ly/56Sw5n

[…] post: DomainAdvertising.com Appoints Dan Warner as CEO | Domain Name News By admin | category: ceo | tags: domain, launched-their, morning, new-services, targeted | […]

[…] See original here: DomainAdvertising.com Appoints Dan Warner as CEO | Domain Name News […]

"The Dude"

November 26, 2009 @ 4:37 am EDT

Congrats to Dan Warner an Domainadvertising.com. Best wishes and much success to him!

John Doe

November 27, 2009 @ 5:21 am EDT

Lol, good point Anon.
Some people must have really over-inflated egos nowadays:)

Stephen Douglas

November 27, 2009 @ 9:15 am EDT

@ anon and John Doe

I changed my name from “the dude” (made as a joke) to my real name, Stephen Douglas, in order to make this post.

If you’re going to post negative statements, your comments will be basically disregarded, because most readers will see you first as a yellowbacked chickensh*t who can’t represent their comments with their real identities.

So, I’ve revealed my identity. Now you can reveal yours… but you won’t, because you’re… well, scared.

Don’t post negative comments if you’re scared, because everyone with a brain envisions “he’s too frightened to stand up for what he says, like a man/woman who has a reputation or any worth to their input.”

John Doe thinks “anon” makes a good point, and both of them are “unknowns, shivering in fear under a rock somewhere, giggling about “we nailed someone and we hid so nobody catch us — errr.. do you think they will?”.

Domaining is for people with serious investments involved, not for loonies posting nasty comments behind anonymous names that kids use for their gamer handles. Bring it, or shut it.

Anon

November 27, 2009 @ 12:11 pm EDT

“Bring it, or shut it.”

Even with all the pontificating you do, SD, I actually still like you.

And even if you’ve chosen in your comment to ignore my belief; and purpose of my comment; that one’s product/service recommendations shouldn’t be based on being a paid advertiser.

Far better, and of more value to everyone, to address the substance of a post rather than the identity of the poster.

Like to give any readers still following this string your thoughts on that?

Stephen Douglas

November 28, 2009 @ 4:11 am EDT

@Anon

First of all, I’m loving the word “pontificating” that you’ve applied my posts, and I’m sincere about that. Excellent word to use compared to the nogginheads who’ve debated with me in the past. So thanks for that, and your other kind words.

And I would say I like you too, except, I don’t know who you are. So with that, your comments have no meaning to me, even if they did or didn’t make legitimate points.

My previous comment was based on the fact that I respect Dan Warner, and whatever he’s doing, I believe it’s going to be something good for our business.

If you want me to comment about your post, put down your Cosmopolitan magazine and come sit down at the table with the real men and women who speak with their faces forward.

Anon

November 28, 2009 @ 10:19 am EDT

SD,

I agree w/you on Dan; whom I also respect and wish the best for.

My comment was instead directed to the impropriety of: “It’s the only parking service recommended by Domaining.com” ; because this statement was based not on the merits (since specifically what this new company will be doing is currently unknown), but on them buying advertising on Domaining.