01|28|2011 04:28 am EDT

Fabulous’ Mike Robertson and Jen Sale Resign

by Frank Michlick in Categories: People

DNN received an email tonight from Mike Robertson and Jen Sale from Dark Blue Sea (aka Fabulous.com) that they have jointly resigned from their positions.  They will stay on board for a handover period that should end by February 28th. The down-under duo won’t be disappearing from the domain space any time soon though.  They have plans to stay in the space and partner together.

Sale told DNN, “We’ve both had a great run at DBS thanks to our co-workers and especially our clients at Fabulous. We’re really excited about furthering our careers in the space as we explore new opportunities together.

Dark Blue Sea was taken over by Australian company Photon Group in late 2009 . CEO Richard Moore stepped down shortly after the acquisition and later Dan Warner moved on from the company to head DomainAdvertising.com.

DNN has seen nothing but praise from customers about the quality of support from Robertson and Sale. Many domainers consider them to be the best service and support team in the space.  After 9 years of working at DBS in Business Development and Account Management roles, they have a wealth of experience, contacts and satisfied customers that will surely be invaluable in whatever they do together.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Shaun Pilfold

January 28, 2011 @ 6:09 am EDT

Big loss for Dark Blue Sea, but it is great to see two really hardworking people strike out on their own. I’m excited to see what Jen and Mike partner together on. Congrats to a couple of class acts!

Francois

January 28, 2011 @ 7:21 am EDT

Cogratulations for the marriage!

WhyPark Kelly

January 28, 2011 @ 8:44 am EDT

I’m sure they will do amazing work together! Best wishes to them both!

Donna Mahony

January 28, 2011 @ 9:16 am EDT

I can’t wait to hear what’s coming next from this super team! Congrats Mike and Jen but you’ll be missed for sure, you’ve never let us down!

Mike Sullivan

January 28, 2011 @ 9:25 am EDT

This is exciting news. Looking forward to what they will be bringing to the industry.

Steve

January 28, 2011 @ 10:12 am EDT

Best of luck to both sides. The winners and the losers.

Mike, hope to see you at DFG next week.

Andy Booth

January 28, 2011 @ 10:55 am EDT

Both very funny Ozzies. The industry would be less without them. Glad they’re sticking about!

Brian Null

January 28, 2011 @ 11:55 am EDT

growing that beard must have sparked Mike’s wild side! :)

Congratz to them both on fabulous careers with DBS and best wishes on the next chapter.

NetJohn

January 28, 2011 @ 2:14 pm EDT

Mike & Jen,

Good luck and good fortune to ya’s in new endeavors.

Ya’ll have consistantly provided great customer service, reliabilty, and efficiency… much appreciated…Hope ta see ya’s soon.

Acro

January 28, 2011 @ 2:42 pm EDT

I’m saddened to see Mike go but I’m sure he moves on to bigger and better things. He’s one of the top professionals in the domain industry and a truly dedicated person. I’ll drink a Foster’s to Mike’s health and well-being tonight!

Steve

January 28, 2011 @ 5:33 pm EDT

Congratulations on taking the plunge. You’ll be missed!

car channel

January 28, 2011 @ 11:25 pm EDT

haha …….please we are aussies , not ozzies LOL : )

good luck to both of them

Mike Robertson

January 29, 2011 @ 9:57 pm EDT

Thanks everyone for the support and well wishes – it means a lot to us!

I will always be indebted to DBS/Fab for the opportunities and experience I have gained over the years, without them, I wouldn’t be in the position I am today. And to all those that I have worked with, fellow employees, customers and partners, I’ve enjoyed every minute and hope we can work together in some capacity in the future, once we decide what it is we’ll be doing.

@Brian – the beard did show me I could “look” tough and dangerous, qualities needed to branch out on our own. lol

@Francois – just to clear up any misunderstandings, Jen and I are not a couple, she’s my “sister from another Mister.” :) We’ve worked together for close to 9 years now and become best of mates over time and I couldn’t think of anyone else I would want to share this next chapter with.

We do plan on staying in the industry, so you haven’t heard the last of us; Watch this space!

Jeff Schneider

January 31, 2011 @ 6:44 pm EDT

Hello Frank,

Jen Sales is a spitting female image of myself? I wish!

Gratefully, Jeff Schneider (Contact Group) (Metal Tiger)