11|13|2009 06:24 pm EDT

Paul Stahura Leaving eNom and Demand Media After 12 Years

by Frank Michlick in Categories: People

Paul Stahura (image from his facebook profile)

Paul Stahura (image from his facebook profile)

Paul Stahura launched eNom in 1997 from an ISDN line in his garage in Redmond Washington. The company now is part of Demand Media and Paul was a CSO as well as a member of the board. After 12 years, he is now leaving the company. Here is what he writes on Facebook:

After much thought, and 12 years after founding eNom, I’ve decided to join the ranks of eNom alumni. Demand Media, the company I sold eNom to nearly four years ago, is a great company and will be even greater in the years to come. Truly “going big”… Huge. The board, the management team, the employees – everyone – our customers, our services, are top notch. Demand is still in the first innings, but its time for me to move on. I look forward to working with Demand in the future, just not as an employee, and to keeping in touch with you all. Very best of luck to everyone at eNom and Demand Media! So long for now, Paul

DNN wishes Paul all the best for his future plans.

Tags: , , ,

uberVU - social comments

November 13, 2009 @ 7:36 pm EDT

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by domainnamenews: #domains: Paul Stahura Leaving eNom and Demand Media http://bit.ly/3xdzEU

Morgan

November 14, 2009 @ 8:00 am EDT

Does he give any solid reasoning for why he is leaving? I can understand that after 12-years he might be ready to move-onto other projects…still would be interesting to understand a bit more of his motivation for leaving.

Either way I too wish him the best of luck with his next venture – I’ll be looking for it!

"The Dude"

November 14, 2009 @ 9:17 am EDT

I’m going to say what Ron Jackson was too polite and professional to say in his latest LOWDOWN:

With all the “shill bidding scandal” swirling around the internet tech world, magnified by Rick Schwartz’s, John Berryhill’s and Mike Arrington’s (TechCrunch.com) accusatory blog articles/comments (most definitely fueling the fire trying to burn down the domain industry’s reputation), it doesn’t seem to be the “appropriate” time for any top domain industry executives to be suddenly jumping ship, especially when their companies are actively involved in domain auctions, or having clients and businesses who were direct competitors with Snapnames. We have Pete Lamson AND Brian Carr a few days ago leaving Buydomains, and now Paul leaving Demand Media. Three MAJOR players gone from our industry.

I hope these executives weren’t spooked by those “minimum-to-non-bidders'” overly negative public comments about Snapnames and the witchhunt these influentialial writers’ are zealously obsessed with. But it makes one wonder what those writer’s “past business relationships” were with Snap (or its parent company Oversee). I’m pretty sure Pete and Brian didn’t deal with Snap in any way, but they did work on aftermarket sales and Afternic auctions… all with the same domain auction focus of Snapnames.

OPEN QUESTION TO DOMAIN INDUSTRY EXECUTIVES: Any other top players suddenly “moving on” from their significant positions in domain industry companies without a clear explanation of their reasons why? I’d think about it hard before moving on. Remember, this is the age of “no jobs” and even lower pay. It would be fascinating to know their real reasons of leaving their companies.

Is it that hot in here? Just asking… Do they know something we don’t? I think it’s a fair question, with all due respect to the impeccable reputations of Lamson, Carr and Stahura.

More to come, I expect…

November 14, 2009 @ 10:31 am EDT

Hey Stephen you talk of others “fueling the fire” yet you’re questions like “do they know something we don’t” is casting more doubt and adding more fuel. I get your point that a wise person would explain their departure, but that doesn’t mean people won’t draw their own conclusions and now they can theorize more conspiracy by you casting that shadow.

Not an Idiot Domainer

November 14, 2009 @ 11:30 am EDT

Maybe he was tired of pushing Demand’s agenda of getting new TLDs, such as speaking on capitol hill, and he felt like he was turning his back on the people who made him rich. Just a thought.