07|17|2007 12:47 pm EDT

Oversee Buying Up Portfolios Like Hotcakes

by Adam Strong in Categories: Domain Sales, PPC industry

Oversee.net is announcing that they have spent over $7million on portfolio acquisitions in the month of May and a total of 66 portfolios were purchased in the last 10 months. The company plans to continue to accelerate this buying. “Our goal is to accelerate our portfolio acquisition program and grow our domain services business even more aggressively,� said Jeff Kupietzky , EVP at Oversee. The company has a portfolio of over 600,000 domains currently. Speculation abounds that Oversee may be posturing for an IPO.

Oversee has a great “in-door” to domainers, as they monetize over 2million domains and they have developed one on one relationships with many of these domainers. So my only question is, “who is selling?”. Portfolio or “wholesale” buys seem to garner the least amount of money. With individual domain prices at auction at all time highs, bulk sales seem silly to me. Come on mystery domainers, step forward and tell us your stories. $7m spent means some of you are probably on vacation on an island but the rest of you, we’d love to hear your experiences in the comments section. Heck I’d also like to hear from some of you domainers considering selling. Send me your domain lists too :)

From PRWeb and SevenMile

Tags:

crinu iliescu

July 17, 2007 @ 3:41 pm EDT

CRINUX is about Realty, Finance, Technology, Health & Madeups (which is the most overlooked category by seasoned domainers & investors) but watch out how a domain name could change this perception down the road.

[…] View original post here: Adam Strong […]

July 17, 2007 @ 5:33 pm EDT

What’s the point of this comment ? Crinux seems to be about spamming too.

crinu iliescu

July 17, 2007 @ 7:22 pm EDT

I never spammed anyone, never, but if you think it’s a spam just deletete it. However, you have to delete the following also “we’d love to hear your experiences in the comments section. Heck I’d also like to hear from some of you domainers considering selling. Send me your domain lists too” because when you post something like this you expect to be “spammed”.
ci

July 17, 2007 @ 8:22 pm EDT

Your comment has no relationship to the above post so how else am I supposed to take it. I honestly don’t see what your post has to do with anything. Maybe you can explain it better to me or word it better.

We’re likely going to have to put a rule up about including domains in comments. Yours isn’t the first.

I dont expect to be spammed. When I post “I’d love to hear your experiences”. I expect those who have sold or considered selling to Oversee to comment or email. When I say I’d like to hear from “domainers considering selling”, I expect to hear from people who are considering selling to Oversee, that’s what this article is about. I don’t expect to hear from everyone who owns a domain name.

Snoopy

July 17, 2007 @ 8:34 pm EDT

“Portfolio or “wholesale” buys seem to garner the least amount of money. With individual domain prices at auction at all time highs, bulk sales seem silly to me. Come on mystery domainers, step forward and tell us your stories. $7m spent means some of you are probably on vacation on an island but the rest of you, we’d love to hear your experiences in the comments section.”

I’d bet that it is lower quality stuff they have picked up rather than keyword generics. That lower quality portion would be a huge % of the market and I would think portfolio sales would be a good way of selling those types of names a lot of the time.

I’m with you for the quality names, anyone selling quality portfolios to portfolio buyers would have to be pretty silly unless the multiples are truly astronomic, which I doubt.

Chris Sivertsen

July 18, 2007 @ 7:56 pm EDT

As our release states, we’ve been active in purchasing domain portfolios since June 2006 and many of those have been repeat sales. We’ve bought many types of portfolios, with the most common attribute being strong type-in traffic. We typically set our purchase multiples based on the portfolios’ ability to monetize on Domain Sponsor (after a thorough scrub to remove adult and TM names). We have also been expanding into the acquisition of generic portfolios & domains.

Obvious Disclosure, Indeed I work to acquire portfolios for OVERSEE.NET

Through Domain Sponsor, we’ve built long term relationships with many large domainers and work with them and their referrals to get them solid offers for their names. In addition to parking revenue, Oversee.net works to provide its customers with a source of liquidity should it suit their business needs.

We’ve done a number of multi-million dollar portfolio acquisitions and are focused on larger portfolio based deals, but we’re eager to hear about all size deals as we’re confident we can pay out a nice return to the owners.

2w

August 23, 2007 @ 3:39 pm EDT

hi greetings ,

does anywhere provide the opportunity 4[for] domain portfolio auction ??
moniker ?? sedo ?? or ………

ThANKye , 2w