01|10|2008 06:29 pm EDT
TheStreet has covered the story on the unwinding of investments into GeoSign made by American Capital. GeoSign was making major investments in domain names as well as reportedly making large search arbitrage plays. The company has since laid off 50-100 workers and has been split in to two new entities.
American Capital CEO Malon Wilkus told TheStreet.com that as a result of the split-up, his firm recovered a “substantial” amount of its original investment in the form of cash proceeds. He declined to give the amount.
- GeoSign moves to shed arbitrage image – splits company in two [updated]
- “The Next Great American Band’s” Domainer Connection
- Sendori raises funding from First Round Capital, Baseline Ventures and Maples Investments
- BusinessWeek features Michael Mann, WashingtonVC
- Tucows uses Skenzo for Reseller Parking