04|03|2008 10:58 am EDT

Pizza.com Ends in 2 hours

by Adam Strong in Categories: Up to the Minute

The Sedo.com auction for the domain name Pizza.com ends in roughly 2 hours from this writing. The bid price has already eclipsed $2.5 million 24 participating bidders. The reserve has already been met on this domain so it will be sold.  How much higher will it go ?  Why aren’t you buying it ? ;)

Tags: , , , ,

Antoinette

April 3, 2008 @ 5:34 pm EDT

Well, I was willing to go as high as $2.4 million but that was my limit. Now I’m going after and …they should be in my price range.

Antoinette

April 3, 2008 @ 5:36 pm EDT

Hey, my post was edited! Let me try again:

Well, I was willing to go as high as $2.4 million but that was my limit. Now I’m going after piecrusts.com and bananasmoothie.com…they should be in my price range.

April 3, 2008 @ 11:11 pm EDT

we don’t edit posts unless people are spamming their names for sale. . . you must have messed up

WWW.CollisionDomains.com

April 5, 2008 @ 1:02 am EDT

I saw the auction position at the end from the last 12 minutes to the end of 1 minute. Highest bid is 2.605 MIllion USD. 22 bidders with 70 bids starting bid is just 100 bucks. But i came to know sedo allows 10 days for the buyer to pay but so many bidders fly away with out paying & just bid like a game play. I saw that so many sellers – including SEDO affected by this problem. Officially PIZZA.com is sold , But the real sale is only after the payment clearance + domain transfer to the final bidder.

Best Regards.

Antoinette

April 5, 2008 @ 11:18 am EDT

I used angle brackets around the domain names…I guess that is a no-no.

BTW, aren’t the winners of an auction legally obligated to pay? I understand if they can’t pull financing together but shouldn’t they know that before bidding? That is really shafting the seller.

Allan

April 5, 2008 @ 8:37 pm EDT

Agreed. I also thought the news reporters were jumping the gun on this sale. Let’s wait to learn whether the money gets wired across, and the name gets transfered. Assume this is all done via Sedo’s Escrow Service.

Quite frequently I get unsolicited approaches – most of them aren’t serious – and some appear to come from people who’ve just returned from a “night out”!

G.pizza

April 6, 2008 @ 8:46 pm EDT

Validity of the sale remains to be seen – how sad that we domainers view high-level sales (with multiple bidders, no less) with such skepticism – we’ve been duped before and feel thye might be duping us again.

Over/under on this one is 90.

Allan

April 6, 2008 @ 9:15 pm EDT

Exactly. And if the deal falls apart a week later it’s never widely reported is it?

The Big Sausage

April 10, 2008 @ 1:19 pm EDT

Pizza.net hits the 1 Million mark!

Go Pizza.net!!!!!!!!

NTWWEB

May 3, 2008 @ 7:48 am EDT

The domain aftermarket needs the auction houses to verify bidders and streamline timely payments. We haven’t canceled our SEDO account but won’t sell there until their policies change.

RSS feed for comments on this post